New Feature : INTELLIGENT ICD SEARCH, AUTO-ARCHIVE, STREAMLINE SUPERVISING AND RENDERING PROVIDER WORKFLOW, MISSING CHARGE UPDATE, IMAGE DOWNLOAD OPTION, PATIENT DEMOGRAPHICS UPDATE, PATIENT SUMMARY PAGE UPDATE, PORTAL PRIVILEGE UPDATE BY USER ROLE, SETTING SCREEN UPDATE, INBOX UPDATE
We have launched a significant update to our DocCharge technology platform to improve physicians' experience and make you more productive. Following are the details:
INTELLIGENT ICD SEARCH: We implemented a highly intelligent ‘Google-like’ search technology which include full-text search, spelling error correction, classifying ICD codes according to common medical concepts and integration of medical abbreviations and nomenclature. This technology delivers highly specific and accurate ICD codes at the top of search results.
e.g. search by 'heart fail' will show all suggestive search results in a drop down list for easy selection. Also clicking 'Search' will show the complete results at the bottom in a tabular format.
AUTO-ARCHIVE: All patients that are discharged or signed-off will archived automatically using a predetermined protocol. Date of discharge (DOD) can not be set for a future date and must be a date from last date of service (DOS) and today. Manual archiving options still remain under overview tab by clicking 'Archive All' (placed above patient list table) or Archive link, listed under 'Options' button for each patient.
- Discharged patients: Auto-archived 3 days after being discharged from APP or PORTAL, marked by entering a date of discharge and once all claims are billed. All these patients must have a DOD and ‘billed’ status shaded in green background to be eligible for auto archive. If the patient is readmitted, a new entry will need to be done to put the patient back to rounding list.
- Signed off patients: All signed off patient will be auto-archived in 7 days as long as all charges are billed. All these patients must remain signed off, shaded in blue in APP and have ‘billed’ status shaded in green background.
e.g. Jim French in following screenshot is discharged on 9/10/19 and all charges are billed (shaded in green). This patient will be auto-archived in 3 days from 9/10/19.
STREAMLINE RENDERING PROVIDER (RP) and SUPERVISING PROVIDER (SP) WORKFLOW IN A PRACTICE GROUP: Patients will be visible in both RP and SP instead of RP only.
- Once a new patient is entered in platform (PORTAL or APP) with both RP and SP, both clinicians will be notified via INBOX.
- Any clinician (RP or SP) accepts the assignment, patient will be visible under PROVIDER tab in ROUNDING LIST (APP) or OVERVIEW tab (PORTAL)
- Any time a new charge is entered and SP is changed, the patient will automatically assigned to new SP and removed from previously assigned SP.
- If RP or SP signs off , the patient will be removed from both clinicians list and will be visible under GROUP tab shaded in blue.
MISSING CHARGE UPDATE: Missing charge tab under BILLING now accurately shows potential missed charges in-between the date the patient’s info was created and date of discharge (DOD), if set or signed-off date. Currently this feature tags missing charge in between of Date of Admission (DOA) and DOD. This accurately tags such charges since physicians may not start seeing patient on the date of admission.
PATIENT DEMOGRAPHICS UPDATE: In APP and PORTAL, demographics screen is redesigned to give better access to all relevant info from a single screen. Supervising provider info can be added from personal information section of the demographics section. Last hospital entered in the patient demographics remains the default hospital for future patients.
PATIENT SUMMARY PAGE UPDATE : In APP, patient summary page now shows all patients assigned to a clinicians as RP and SP. However, productivity data at the top only shows the charges as rendering provider only.
PORTAL PRIVILEGE UPDATE BY USER ROLE: Role based access is implemented as follows. Each user may have one or more roles, as decided by user with Manager role.
- MANAGER: Access to all tabs (Dashboard, Practice, Hospital, Billing, CPT-ICD, CodeMed, Insurance, Inbox)
- PHYSICIAN : Limited access to all tabs (Dashboard-individual data only, Practice- individual preference only, Hospital, Billing, CPT-ICD, CodeMed, Insurance, Inbox)
- STAFF : Access to limited number of tab (Hospital, Billing, CPT-ICD CodeMed, Insurance, Inbox)
SETTING SCREEN UPDATE: In APP, share link is added to be able to send app info to other physicians.
INBOX UPDATE : Messages can now be deleted and responded to easily.
PORTAL BILLING TAB UPDATE
- Rounding list can be downloaded as a pdf document with or without signed off patient to facilitate hospital rounding.
- Pre-archived tab lists patients that are discharged from the APP. New charges can be added from this tab prior to auto-archive.