Whether you are a curious professional, a new member of our team, or a wise partner who needs a refresher, we’ve developed step by step visual instructions to help you navigate the DocCharge System.
In this section, we discuss:
- How to add new patients to the DocCharge Portal (computer log-in)
- How clinicians take action for new patients using the DocCharge App (mobile log-in)
Who Adds New Patients? Each practice will have their own protocol. However, we expect new patient additions to be completed by clinicians, office staff, and/or practice managers.
Non-clinicians: Adding New Patients to the DocCharge Portal
Once you’ve logged into your DocCharge Portal using a computer:
STEP 1: Select the Billing Icon in the top red navigation bar.
STEP 2: On the top right hand corner, just below red navigation bar, select “Add Patient”
STEP 3: Record Relevant Information (Required Fields)
- Physician: Who will follow patient during hospital stay?
- Date of Admission: Patient’s date of admission to the hospital
STEP 4: Select Record More Info
- This will open up 5 more rows of pertinent patient information for better care coordination.
STEP 5: Record Relevant Information (To Streamline Care Coordination)
- For Phone: Enter the phone number of the nurse in charge of the patient
- For Location: Enter the Patient’s Hospital Room Number
- For Reason: Enter patient diagnosis
STEP 6: Click Add New Patient to Notify Clinician
As soon as the DocCharge User adds the new patient, DocCharge sends a HIPAA compliant notification to the physician assigned.
Upon receiving notification, the physician will have options to view, accept, decline or reassign the new patient to a different clinician.
Physicians & Clinicians: Taking Action from the Mobile App
Step 1: HIPAA Compliant notification pops up on mobile lock screen
Pro Tip: Deleting the notification (by sliding left on locked screen) will void patient information and action steps from the DocCharge App. Thus, do NOT slide left to delete notification.
Step 2: Once DocCharge application is opened, select inbox to view new patient
Step 3: Select the New Patient to take action
Step 4: Select Action for New Patient
- View: View patient information without taking any definite action
- Accept: Patient will be added to your Rounding List
- Decline: The assigning user will be notified of decline with action to reassign the patient
- Reassign: Reassign patient to other physicians and clinicians in your practice